Biden Blocks Trump-era Rule
Joe Biden has blocked a Trump-era gig-worker rule.
According to Fox Business:
The Biden administration is blocking a Trump-era regulation that would have made it easier to classify gig workers and others as independent contractors, a policy that had been sought by companies such as food-delivery and ride-sharing services.
The Labor Department said Wednesday it is nullifying a rule it completed in early January that sought to make it more difficult for a gig worker to be counted as an employee under federal law. Having status as an employee, rather than a contractor, means those workers are covered by federal minimum-wage and overtime laws.
Employees are also better positioned than contractors to organize into labor unions. The Biden administration has made creating union jobs a priority.
The Labor Department is acting this week to block the rule before it was implemented Friday, following a common practice of presidents of different parties undoing the prior president’s pending rules early in a new administration.
This action hinders gig-economy companies’ attempts to modernize labor laws.
The Democratic party of today is bought and paid for by unions who spend billions to elect official that both support union leadership and require it by law even if the workers reject it. The AFL-CIO and teachers unions are politically powerful and can outspend most opposition as well as threaten Democrats with loss of contributions if they do not advocate for them.
This, in a nutshell, is why I advocate:
1) replacing SO-CALLED “elections” with DRAFT LOTTERIES,
2) limiting all public officials to ONE SINGLE TERM IN ONE SINGLE OFFICE, lifetime maximum,
3) immediate expulsion of any official for FIRST-TIME OFFENSE of HAND-IN-COOKIE-JAR,
4) requiring an ex- official to return to the town of his constituency and to reside there for at least two years immediately following his once-in-a-lifetime SINGLE TERM, which will prove to be VERY PLEASANT for him IF he has been LOYAL to his constituents,
5) while in office, he shall be paid exactly the same salary and benefits as he had in his last REAL JOB, given the FACT that INDUSTRY is a much better judge of a person’s WORTH than government is, AND:
6) Pension eligibility and conditions will, like salary and benefits, will be exactly the same as they were with his last REAL JOB. Note: most of us do not receive pensions at all! What’s good for the goose is good for the gander!
Richard William Faith
The Trump policy helped people get jobs. Biden’s administration doesn’t care about jobs for people. It prioritizes more and more regulations that reduce jobs, but provide greater benefits for those who have jobs, particularly union workers. Democrats also prioritize regulations that build union membership and union political donations to Democrats.
In the 1970s I had TV repair and sales shops in 2 USA states. Suddenly there were new complex rules about employees, their taxes, retirements, benefits, vacations, etc.
I called them all together for a meeting, and offered to FIRE them, and then take them on as SUBCONTRACTORS at a slightly higher overall income. They ALL agreed and it made business and life much simpler for all. For decades!
Block, SCHMOCK! It’s high time for UNIVERSAL DISOBEDIENCE of everything that joE bideT orders. If the disobedience group gets big enough, all of the draconian orders will become unenforceable, and most or all of said disobedience will proceed with complete impunity.
Richard William Faith
You must remember, the Left is doing everything possible to keep people impoverished so they will be dependent on gov’t. This type of rule will make it impossible for small business to exist on any pertinent level, which knocks even more people out of work, hence increasing their need for gov’t help. This is why Socialism creates country-wide poverty.
Biden is not running this country mostly. The marxists are only trying to ruin this country. I pray we can stop them in time.