Supreme Court Upholds Great American Tradition
The Supreme Court rejected a case brought by atheist plaintiffs against the motto “In God We Trust” printed on the US dollars. Fox News reports:
Show me the motto.
The Supreme Court rejected an atheist case Monday to remove “In God We Trust,” the national motto, from all coins and currency from the Department of Treasury.
Michael Newdow, the same activist attorney who tried to remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance, lost his case, arguing Congress’ mandate to inscribe “In God We Trust” on currency was a government endorsement of religion and a violation of the First Amendment.
Newdow argued in his petition to the Supreme Court that because his clients are all atheist individuals or atheist groups, the government violated their “sincere religious belief” that there is no God and turned them into “political outsiders” by placing the phrase “In God We Trust” on their money.
Since they believe there is no god, then by all means they should not accept, or offer any USA bills in payment or settlement of debts. And since banking is based on trust that money deposited, will be there to pay for or receive pay, for work or other benefits, we can not trust them to have money deposited, if they offer checks, and they should refuse to take checks. Looks like bartering between individuals would their norm. Our money is based on trust, of have a certain worth, as inscribed on the bill. So I can see they are going to have rough future, if they truly do not trust any anything , or other, than themselves. Just saying. How ridiculous can people get, just to be cantankerous?
I’m sick & tired of the God hating crowd, atheists they’re called, from trying to completely eradicate every thing our Republic was built upon. If they don’t like the words, “In God We Trust” then i suggest they avoid handling money and stick to plastic for their use… Better yet, perhaps they come to terms with the fact that God exists , God is real and their lives would be better all the way around if they were to become believers instead of haters . If not, stay out of our business and stop trying to pretend that We, the majority, we want the words, “in God We Trust” to remain on our currency – ALL OF OUR CURRENCY!
Atheists won’t be happy until they erase all things related to God & Religion. I hate to burst their hate-filled bubble but that is NEVER going to come to fruition. There are far more of us, true believers, and we don’t take orders from evildoers or their master, Satan!
Well, Kim, I suppose you won’t like me either. I am completely, totally a-religious. I am secure in my knowledge that there is no supreme being and that there never was. But who cares? The point is that religion, and statements, mottos and slogans including the word “God,” are part of the American Experience. While not all of the founders were religious, even those who were “men of reason” understood that systems of belief give a lot of people comfort, a standard of conduct, and mental support in times of need. It is wonderful that “in God we Trust,” appears on currency and coins. It is dramatic that the concept of “God given Rights” were part of the Venerated “Declaration of Independence.” Christmas and Chanaukah, Easter, Passover and other religious holidays are beautiful and connect people. I sing carols, not well, but I do sing them. We light the candles on the Menorah, and each year my wife puts up lights and a (fake) tree. Its a family tradition. Who should say “don’t?” I also like Judge Roy Moore’s idea of a massive display of the 10 Commandments. (Don’t particularly care for the man himself, however, and this is NOT based on the falsehoods by dirty dems trying to discredit him.) Of course, there are those who will castigate me because I don’t extend the same “courtesy” to islam. But then, it is not a religion, but rather a murderous cult. Not the same thing.
Anyhow, Kim, shrug it off. The guy who started the law suit never had a chance. Not worth the emotional effort you put into your comment. Realize that there are atheists like me who are glad that there still are people like you who have standards — even if they are religious! And yes, I’ve studied the bible, also the clown-book called koran and as a kid I even went to Hebrew school. How about this: just do the best that you can in this life. Afterwards, you can tell me that I was wrong………
Jay, I get it. I also was an atheist for over 40 years. Here is a long list of reasons why I am no longer. I don’t blame you if you don’t want to read it. But if you do, you may find it interesting. I am a retired surgeon.
Scientific arguments that favor a “conscious” Universe: Please note, I am not talking about God or Gods or organized religion. If you choose to take parts of it for that purpose, that is your own judgment.
1. Fine tuning of Universal constants, including (and especially) the “Cosmological constant.” Even the staunchest materialist/atheist scientist or cosmologist does not believe this is “random chance.” The Multiverse is usually used to counter-act this claim, but there are significant problems with that argument, because OUR Universe is spectacularly tuned for life.
2. Quantum entanglement that allows information to be conducted instantaneously across the Universe, not just faster than the speed of light but virtually instantaneously. This can be legitimately considered a miracle. There is no other possible explanation for it. Even positing the multiverse does not explain it.
3. DNA “digital” information and complexity of cellular microchemistry, specifically protein chemistry, which requires highly complex “folding” to operate. Even the “possibility” of this system forming “accidentally” or by Darwinian evolution is structurally absurd.
Darwin himself had NO idea of the complexity of protein chemistry and the enormous numbers that operate as energy-consuming engines during cellular function. When I was a medical student I had to memorize parts of the Kreb’s Citric Acid Cycle. That alone is an experience that makes macro-evolution absurd as a concept. Don’t take my word for it. Look it up. No scientist more richly deserved the Nobel Prize than Hans Adolph Krebs. (1953) Staggering genius.
4. NDE validation by veridical and highly coherent and similar incidents (cross culturally) which have been scientifically verified. Most of the evidence with NDE research provides irrefutable proof that OBE’s have occurred and that are beyond our materialistic explanation(s). Similar responses for people who “retrieved” information that would otherwise be impossible to know, such as the existence of “brothers and sisters” who were early aborted or miscarried that they had no idea existed and could not possibly have known about. This is not fabricated verification.
5. Shroud of Turin authenticity, scientifically verified, including unexplained imagery impossible to create, except by lasers, which did not exist at the time of the age of the Shroud. This does not “prove” that Jesus came back to life, but it is very strange and represents the ONLY image like this before the advent of lasers. The one irrefutable proof in the image is that the crucified man underwent horrible pain and suffering prior to his death. It is almost impossible to imagine his suffering. It is strange indeed to try to explain an all-encompassing and benevolent God who would permit this to occur against his own “Son.” Nobody, not even dedicated Christians can explain this either. But the “Shroud” is authentic.
6. Finite age of the Universe, and evidence of a creation out of nothing, not even ground state energy, which could not have existed prior to space and time.)
7. Human conscious control and ability to collapse wave function by observation, which should NOT exist in a materialistic, atheist construct of the Universe.
8. Development of heavy elements in the explosions of novae and enormous stars, which represent a highly unlikely intricate balance to create heavy elements out of only hydrogen and helium, without which conscious animals could not exist.
9. Biological Cambrian Explosion has NO fossil precursors to suggest that they occurred by Darwinian Evolution. In fact, new fossil evidence tends to refute it even more. My purpose is not to deny micro-evolution (such as antibiotic desensitization.) But macro and micro evolution are vastly different.
10. Existence of PSI: Dean Radin, Ph.D. (and others) have performed numerous double-blind studies on PSI. All materialist atheists DENY the possibility of PSI, but NEVER read or review the research that proves it. Some of Dr. Radin’s research projects have won awards from materialist publications.
11. There is a requirement for consciousness (outside of the Quantum Electro-dynamic system) to interrupt the Von Neuman chain and break down the wave function. (Von Neuman-Wigner Interpretation)
12. During the big bang an outside consciousness was required to create and break down the “Ground State” of the nascent Universe and start the Big Bang. This is a continuation of the Von Neuman-Wigner interpretation, in a sense, the very FIRST time it happened.
13. Both Albert Einstein and Paul Davies thought it very strange that an “otherwise” inanimate universe would eventually create “live objects” that were able to understand it. “The most incomprehensible thing about the World is that it is comprehensible.” (Einstein)
Atheist materialists can attempt to “refute” each. That’s what they do.
But it is an enormous challenge to deny all. As a totality they represent the greatest scientific attack on materialism to ever occur. Their very wide interdisciplinary scope makes atheism untenable. I was an atheist for 40 years and am familiar with the “arguments” and have made many myself. This is very painful to atheist/materialists and many have been put under a “shroud” of cognitive dissonance.
I expect atheists to start attacking the list. But sooner or later, such attacks will dwindle. If you study these, it will happen. But it will still be painful for atheists.
Very intelligent woman you are and also compassionate! I’m sure the pain was so very excruciating that it cannot be explained. I just know Mike it wasn’t all in vain! Take care
I said man Mike and AI Thought it should say woman! Sorry bout that!
He’s real and love works. You see it’s written on your heart and you’ll seek. Till then take care, be safe and God bless.
Those people must lose a lot of sleep as they are constantly trying to find ways to destroy something else. We are a Christian nation and I thank Him for always bringing us through so much at this time. All of us need to stay in prayer for our Pres,VP and our country,I pray that He stops any more from taking away our traditions and the backbone of America.
Common sense triumphs. Atheism has become its own dogma, and it applies missionary zeal to converting non-believers.
I don’t know if you have ever seen the sign that says, “In God we trust, all others pay cash.” I agree that if they do not like our paper money they had better use plastic, because this saying will stay on our money until Hell freezes over.
Good. Thank you Supreme Court.
ps. a person Does Not Have to be
‘religious’ To Believe in ‘Higher Power’
ie ‘G-D’ for lack of a better term.
Jay Stein, the only reason you can say that you don’t believe in God is that God is a merciful God, He is still giving you the opportunity to come to Him for the salvation of your soul. The life in you that is making you to speak erroneously does not belong to you. It belongs to God. Your life is a spirit not a flesh or a matter. It is an extension of the spirit of the Almighty God to you. God is giving you the chance to willingly surrender your life to Him by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior so that you can fulfill the purpose for which He sent you to this earth. If you refuse, a time will come, when your grace period will be over and God will demand His life in you from you. At that time, there will be no denying that God exists and He owns you and you don’t own yourself. For if you own yourself then you should be able to control the life in you but you can’t. You can’t make yourself live or die. That is, you cant quench your life and relit it, you can’t save your life or preserve it, you can’t give your life and take it back for it is not an object and it doesn’t belongs to you but to God your maker.
Does a atheist have a religion? I don’t think so. If you are not for God then you must be for the Devil. I only see two things in this world. They are Good, and Evil. As I see it Atheist are Evil.
It must be a sad sad life being a liberal? Upset over so many little things.
Surely the guy is in the democrat gang.
I am familiar with Newdow. I was (also) an atheist for over 40 years. However, there is an incredible amount of NEW science that was not available to us when I was in medical school and undergrad. For example, we did not understand protein synthesis and folding (and still don’t). But we now know that it is incredibly complex and COULD NOT HAVE FORMED BY CHANCE.
There are at least hundreds of other “fine tuning aspects” that point absolutely to a conscious universe. Even atheist Hitchen’s recognized that “fine tuning” was the “best argument for the existence of God.
I am now a deist and proud of it. In addition, (for Christians) there seems to be substantial proof of the resurrection…from the Shroud of Turin. Newdow is wrong. I was wrong. Science now SCREAMS out the existence of God.
However, I will say that it can be difficult for atheists to go through the process of realizing the Universe is conscious. They have to come to some personal changes that are not easy. They have built their entire personalities on atheism. They have to give that up. But they also get a huge amount in return, in my opinion. This is a personal note. Thanks for reading it.
Sanjosemike (no longer in CA)
I agree. I’ve seen too much in my life to make me doubt.
Well when so many believe that the only God is in Jesus Christ which is a total false, nearly all of the Founders believed in a GOD but did not believe in it the way the Christian faith put it forward.
GOD is a reference to any Supreme being that is associated with the origin of mankind.
Here is a sample from Jefferson’s own museum and you can find mthe same thing in the other museums of the other founders.
Now Benjamin Franklin said in a speech at the Constitutional Convention, and most agreed with him, “Religion belongs in the Temple and in the hearts of the Believers, but never in Government.”
Your and their opinions change no minds and is boring. Islamists believe in a god named after a moon god and it certainly isn’t one of peace.
The SOB Communist Atheist Lawyer should move to Communist China, Cuba, NK, Russia, Venezuela, hell maybe even Nicaragua for all we care!!,…
All I can say is if you don’t like what is a way of life in America, than get f**k out!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
Thanks be to God.