COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR ELECTIONS: President Donald J. Trump is committed to protecting our Nation’s elections from foreign interference.
- President Trump has made clear that his Administration will not tolerate foreign interference in our elections from any nation state or other malicious actor.
- President Trump chaired National Security Council meetings on May 3 and July 27 to receive updates on and discuss the whole-of-government approach to election security being implemented at his direction.
- This whole-of-government approach was put in motion at the beginning of the Administration to support State and local election officials across the country.
- President Trump’s meetings have addressed:
- The threats posed to our elections by foreign actors.
- Efforts underway to provide cybersecurity assistance to State and local authorities.
- Actions to investigate, prosecute, and hold accountable those who attempt to interfere in our electoral processes.
STRENGTHENING ELECTION SECURITY: The Trump Administration is helping State and local authorities bolster their defenses against cyber operations targeting our elections.
- The Trump Administration is working to provide State and local authorities with the support they need to defend against attempts to interfere in our elections.
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is working with all 50 States, local governments, and the private sector to strengthen election security.
- DHS is sharing information across all levels of government to ensure a coordinated response to any election interference attempt.
- The Administration provided on-site cybersecurity support to States during the 2017 elections.
- A new pilot program was launched to enable State and local officials and the Election Assistance Commission to share information on Election Day and allow for rapid response.
- The Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation are working to investigate and disrupt any threats to our election systems and alert potential victims and targets.
- The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and DHS hosted classified briefings for election commissioners and State election officials from all 50 States.
- These briefings provided insight into what the intelligence community is doing to assist DHS ahead of 2018 and 2020 elections.
- ODNI held the first-ever Federal Election Table Top Exercise to improve information sharing.
- ODNI leads an interagency working group of cyber and counterintelligence experts focused on ongoing information sharing and integration of election security efforts.
- DHS recently held a National Cybersecurity Summit, bringing together stakeholders from Government, industry, and academia to advance cybersecurity.
- The summit served as a launching point for a number of DHS cybersecurity initiatives.
- DHS is launching a National Risk Management Center to coordinate Government and private sector risk management efforts to defend of our critical infrastructure.
Shared from Whitehouse.gov
The most important thing is to require ID to vote.
If a person can’t get an ID, then he probably does not have the ability to vote intelligently.
This would also protect against people who vote in more than one state.
Unfortunately the elections are controled by the states, The Federal Government cannot make ANY rules with regard to voter ID,,,,etc.
I do find it strange that Kalifirnication will register non citizens to vote when they GIVE them a driver’s license, yet they say it’s too inconvenient for them to show that same license when they illegally vote. Pretty good, hyh?
Another reason why DMV’s in all states( where licenses are issued). need to be monitored in a big way with the issuance of voter registration. To take it a step further, and in my opinion, the likes of DMV’s should not be allowed to issue voter registration’s vouchers.
The media keeps harping on the story that Russia interfered in our elections and yet everything I have ever read states that NO election voting computer systems were ever hacked. NO votes were changged, NO Votes were deleted and NO votes were added. The only tampering that was done, or at least the only tampering reported by even the anti-Trump media is that the Russians hacked the e-mail servers of the DNC’ and the e-mail server of hillary clinton, information gleaned from those servers was tweeted and re-tweeted a liked and re-liked and changed around and then robots, whatever the hell they are were used to make it look like millions of people were tweeting and liking.\
So did Russia try to influence the outcome of the election, probably. Did it change the way I voted, NO. If clinton was running unopposed I would have written in someones name, anyone’s name but I would never have voted for her What Russia did was no different then what every country in the world has tried to do to a country that they oppose Russia just did in a more high tech way.
The real problem her is that the clinton e-mail server was unauthorized, unregulated, and because Classified Material was transmitted over this e-mail server it was also Illegal. when will Muller start earning his keep and investigate the Real Crime the Mishandling of Classified Material, the transfer of Classified Material to unauthorized person(s) (clinton’s lawyer also found on Winner’s laptop) What about the guy who worked on the clinton campaign who leaked e-mails and was found dead, from a robbery gone wrong and yet his Rolex watch and wallet with money in it were not taken and one of four security cameras, the one focused on the very corner where he died was the only one not working, Mr. Muller when will you start investigating these real crimes, or will that cost the Tax Payers another $27 Million Dollars?
WHEN WILL THE ABSENTEE VOTING END? DUMOCRATS CHEAT ANYWAY THEY CAN. IF THEY WANT TO VOTE THEN GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO VOTE. KILLARY HAD 5000 ILLEGAL VOTES LAST ELECTION, THAT THEY KNOW ABOUT. MY GUESS WOULD BE 1 MILLION.
And require that every voter actually have a beating heart! (Not the person pretending to be the voter; the actual person listed on the voting register.)