May 30, 2018
President Trump Is Cracking Down Inside The Government
PUTTING TAXPAYERS FIRST: President Trump signed an Executive Order requiring agencies to negotiate better union contracts in a more efficient and transparent manner.
- The order directs agencies to negotiate better contracts with Federal unions, holds down costs, promotes performance and accountability, and creates a Labor Relations Working Group.
- It will eliminate years of costly drawn-out bargaining by encouraging agencies to conclude labor negotiations in less than a year.
- Agencies pay for union negotiators’ salaries, so it hurts taxpayers when bargaining drags on for years. The salaries for union negotiators cost $16 million in 2016 alone.
- Americans will now be able to gauge for themselves whether they got a good deal. The order requires union contracts to be published in a public online database, promoting transparency.
WORKING FOR THE PEOPLE: The President’s Executive Order reducing spending on taxpayer-funded union activities will ensure Federal employees prioritize work for the American people.
- The order directs agencies to work on renegotiating contracts to cut taxpayer-funded union time by an average of two-thirds, reducing union business interfering with agency operations.
- The Social Security Administration estimates it could complete 135,000 more retirement applications or 17,000 more disability determinations annually, if taxpayer funding for union activities were redirected to public service functions.
- Those Federal employees authorized to act on behalf of unions will be permitted to spend no more than 25 percent of their time on union business.
- Over 470 Veterans Affairs employees spend 100 percent of their duty hours working for a labor union instead of serving veterans. This includes 74 full-time nurses.
- The order cuts back on lobbying or pursuing a grievance against an agency on taxpayer-funded union time. Taxpayers should not pay for unions to sue or lobby the government.
- Agencies will charge rent to employees that use Federal office space for non-agency business and stop covering travel expenses for non-agency business.
- This order will save taxpayers at least $100 million a year, when fully implemented.
STRENGTHENING THE MERIT SYSTEM: Through Executive Order, President Trump is making procedural changes to strengthen the merit system and streamline the removal of poor performers.
- The current system makes firing bad employees prohibitively difficult, undermining the Federal Government’s merit principles that call for removing poor performers.
- It takes 6 months to 1 year to remove a tenured Federal employee for poor performance, plus an average of 8 more months to resolve appeals. Tenured Federal employees are also 44 times less likely to get fired or laid off than private sector workers.
- Tenured Federal employees have stolen agency property, run personal businesses from work, and been arrested for using drugs during lunch breaks and not been fired.
- The order facilitates the efficient removal of bad employees and makes it hard for those employees to mask adverse employment information when seeking re-employment at another agency, while upholding Federal merit principles.
- Agencies will be required to report information on disciplinary actions and management of poor performers to the Office of Personnel Management for publication.
Shared from Whitehouse.gov
RELATED: President Trump Using Technology To Reduce Government Spending
Save millions or Billions of TAX payers dollar by FIRNG all the members of the Senior Executive Service, minion of the Council On Foreign Relations, and the SWAMP will be clean.
Government employees should not be in unions, you can never fire them and it is hard even if they commit criminal acts and they also will receive their retirement. It is the citizens of this country that pick up the bill and we do not want to pay criminals and that goes for political hacks also. We need term limits two terms in the house and one term in the senate and ZERO RETIREMENT.
the use of union reps for teachers,fire fighters ,police ,officers should be curtailed.TENURE CAUSES CORRUPTION. riding on the union instead of on merit. the you can’t fire me i’m tenured excuse..it takes a ACT OF GOD to get rid of a bad apple now .the union is the prime blame for this.
About time somebody with cojones did something about some of this corrupt unions, and corrupt individuals, abusing and taking advantage of the system!!,…Good job President Trump, and thanks for looking out for the interest of all of US!!……
President Trump is on the ball getting things done to Make America Great Again, I Pray all the Director’s, Secretary’s and those put in charge of Agency’s get on the ball and Get-Er-Done. Don’t drag out these EO’s and Plan’s.
Some Veteran’s in some areas of America are still waiting for the EO’s and Plan’s and Directives to be implemented.
They deserve better at a Timely pace.
Same words for Congress, Do the Job you were elected to do and stop dragging your heels like a spoiled child. Confirm those Nominees chosen by President Trump.
If we could we the people would dock your pay everytime you fail to follow thru and take another Un-called for vacation. You have to EARN them.
I feel sanity MIGHT be returning to Government? A baby step in the right direction. The next step should be a cost analysis performed annually to determine if the agency funding is even Justified at present levels much less the Automatic Increases that are granted and vilified as Cuts when in fact it’s just a reduction in the increase. My Business would have gone bankrupt years ago if not for the fact that every regulation and rule that was passed down from on high was just a pass along to my customers.
The daily nudes is real toiletpaper. only good for monkfish wrap and birdcage liner. I saw the interview.Sandra was very careful not to upset the kid and the death of school children weighed heavily on her. She has kids unlike the communist democrats. who rent one at convention time to look normal. If you violate some one’s civil rights, the ACLU and the SPLC WILL HAVE 5 ATTORNEYS AT THE COURTHOUSE BEFORE THE POLICE ARRIVE. But there is not one lawyer to represent one of the 4700 kids who had their heads cut off today at the democrat chop shops paid for with taxpayer money. Planned slaughterhood tore to pieces 3,000 babies today. Not one of the 1100 black babies was represented by a civil rights lawyer. Neither were the 1200 white babies or the 700 Latino babies. The lesson for today is no cop should work alone anywhere. Teachers if they choose should carry and every school needs guards everywhere. If that big gymn teacher had a gun he could be alive today plus the students he died to protect. The rule in warfare is we have to have more firepower than the enemy. Today’s schools are war zones. Adapt or mourn.
O’REILLY ATTACKS ROSE ANNE. -BRAVE FART BE CAREFUL WHO YOU THROW UNDER THE BUS. YOU MAY GET YOUR PANTS CAUGHT. LOOK I’M NOT A RACIST SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE RACE HORSES. LATELY ALL THE PUNJABBING PUNDITS ARE QUOTING SPEAR SHAKE. HE DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH.
DON’T WORRY ROSE ANNE VERY SOON YOU ARE GOING TO GET THAT JESUS FEELING AS YOUR FRIENDS CRUCIFY YOU. YOU WILL RECOVER OLDER AND WISER. ABC WASN’T WORRIED ABOUT THE MONEY. THEY HAD TO DESTROY YOU FOR THE COMMUNIST PARTY DEMOCRATS, IT IS ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN.
WHEN KATHY GRUESOME HELD UP THE SEVERED HEAD OF OUR FREELY ELECTED PRESIDENT. THE COMMUNISTS SAID SHE IS A COMEDIAN.
WHEN DAVID LETTERMAN CALLED FOR THE RAPE OF SARAH PALIN’S LITTLE GIRL BY AROD DURING THE 7TH INNING STRETCH . ALL THEY DID WAS APPLAUD.
HELLO RESERVATIONS? I WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE A ROOM FOR A VICTORY PARTY IN NOVEMBER. TRUMP PARTY OF 80 MILLION. WE HAVE OUR OWN FIREWORKS FROM 2016.
hello reservations? I would like to book a large room for a victory celebration. Name? Trump party of 80 million. We still have the democrat fireworks from 2016.
Good Job President Trump! You are getting more done in one year than previous administrations did in all the time they were in the White House. Keep up the good work and clean up the mess you inherited.
i support the President.
govt is OVERLOADED WITH SLUGS WHICH THE UNION PROTECTS.
Mr. President, Thank you for Discipline & Tenacity.
President Trump…may I encourage you to have the mind set that Admiral Farragut declared…
“DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD!” Also, please keep in mind what the Scripture
declares in Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon formed against you will prosper”….now that it a promise you can count on! Those who are coming against you have NO IDEA what is ahead for them!!
Shut down Obumer’s use of Federal Jets will save millions!
Am so grateful to hear this! Long overdue. Government employees, teachers should NOT even be Union. Good Move!
Mr. President, keep given fire to the can ’till the bottom fall out