President Trump Stands For Life And Religious Liberty
Photo by Gage Skidmore via Wikimedia Commons
A VOICE IN THE WHITE HOUSE: Today, President Donald J. Trump signed an Executive Order to ensure that the faith-based and community organizations that form the bedrock of our society have strong advocates in the White House and throughout the Federal Government.
- President Trump has signed an Executive Order entitled “Establishment of a White House Faith and Opportunity Initiative” in order to:
- provide recommendations on the Administration’s policy agenda affecting faith-based and community programs;
- provide recommendations on programs and policies where faith-based and community organizations may partner and/or deliver more effective solutions to poverty;
- apprise the Administration of any failures of the executive branch to comply with religious liberty protections under law; and
- reduce the burdens on the exercise of free religion.
- The Executive Order creates the White House Faith and Opportunity Initiative within the Executive Office of the President.
- The Initiative will be led by the newly created position of Advisor to the White House Faith and Opportunity Initiative (Initiative) and be supported by experts and various community and faith leaders from outside of the Federal Government.
- All executive departments and agencies that do not have Centers for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives will designate a liaison to the Initiative.
PRIORITIZING RELIGIOUS FREEDOM: President Trump has made it clear that religious freedom is a priority throughout his Administration.
- In October 2017, the Department of Justice issued twenty principles of religious liberty to guide the Administration’s litigation strategy and protect religious freedom.
- In January 2018, the Justice Department announced a religious liberty update to the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, raising the profile of religious liberty cases and directing the designation of a Religious Liberty Point of Contact for all U.S. Attorney’s offices.
- In January 2018, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced major policy changes protecting freedom of religion inside and outside of the government:
- forming a new Conscience and Religious Freedom Division, providing HHS with the focus it needs to more vigorously and effectively enforce existing laws protecting the rights of conscience and religious freedom; and
- proposing to more vigorously enforce twenty-five existing statutory conscience protections for Americans involved in HHS programs, in order to protect Americans who have religious or moral convictions related to certain health care services.
ONE NATION UNDER GOD: President Trump has publicly stood with people of faith and with those who advocate for the sanctity of life.
- This is the President’s third public event marking the importance of prayer, including attending the National Prayer Breakfast just two weeks after his inauguration.
- President Trump has declared several days of prayer, including a National Day of Prayer for the Victims of Hurricane Harvey and for America’s National Response and Recovery Efforts.
- On October 13, 2017, President Trump spoke at the Value Voters Summit.
- On January 19, 2018, President Trump became the first President to address the March for Life rally live via satellite.
- Vice President Mike Pence addressed the March for Life in 2017, becoming the first sitting Vice President to do so in person.
PROTECTING RELIGIOUS FREEDOM: Throughout his tenure as President, Donald Trump has been a champion for religious liberty in the United States, restoring the ideals that have undergirded our Nation’s freedom and prosperity since its founding.
- On May 4, 2017, the President signed an Executive Order to greatly enhance religious freedom and freedom of speech:
- taking action to ensure that religious institutions may freely exercise their First Amendment right to support and advocate for candidates and causes in line with their values; and
- ensuring that religious Americans and their organizations, such as the Little Sisters of the Poor, are not be forced to choose between violating their religious beliefs by complying with Obamacare’s contraceptive mandate or shutting their doors.
- The President has announced a reversal of the Obama administration’s policy and is allowing houses of worship to receive crucial disaster aid in times of crisis.
- The Trump Administration has taken a stand on behalf of religious liberty in the courts:
- it supported baker Jack Phillips’s right to operate his bakery in accordance with his religious beliefs.
PROTECTING THE SANCTITY OF LIFE: The President has been one of the foremost defenders of the sanctity of life in the history of the White House.
- President Trump quickly reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, which prevents $9 billion in foreign aid from being used to fund the global abortion industry and its advocates.
- President Trump signed H.J. Res 43 into law, which overturned the Obama administration’s midnight regulation prohibiting States from defunding certain abortion facilities as part of their family planning programs.
- President Trump’s Administration issued guidance to enforce the requirement that taxpayer dollars not support abortion coverage in Obamacare exchange plans.
Shared from Whitehouse.gov
RELATED: VIDEO: President Trump Attends the National Day of Prayer
Go President Trump you are definitely fulfilling the desires of main stream America!!
Way too much interfering in religious matters here. Religion is a private matter.
Richard, I do not believe the President is interfering with religious matters here, He is only giving back what the Obama and his cronies took away.Be thankful we have a President who actually cares for America.Big contrast from the 8 years of Obama.
These people will have to face God for this someday. Glad not in their shoes.
Easiest solution to abortions. Invest $$ in scientific research to provide proof a fetus has all of the senses at an earlier stage than current accepted societal thought.
Abortion is murder, every time.
I am asking a jury to pass this law: The preamble’s secured blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity,” June 1, 1788, established and created ourselves and our posterity as equal citizens with the same secured blessings of liberty.
Gov Herbert is barred from instructing his dept staff of striking, vacating, altering, or other these preamble secured blessings for any mental illness or other murderous needs.
I have filed a fed. case: Schmidt v. Gov Herbert, Case no: 2:18-cv-00311-DAK asking a jury to affirm the born and unborn have unlimited secured blessings of liberty as equal American citizens.
We cannot serve 2 masters. Either ourselves and our posterity are citizens with secured blessings of liberty or we are not. No one has standing in any American court to have a controversy with our constitution, and that includes mother murderers, Sarah Weddington and Linda Coffee. No court has jurisdiction to hear a controversy between and citizen and the constitution’s secured blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity to terminate my life because we cannot serve 2 masters–since the unborn, our posterity, has been stripped of their secured blessings of liberty, I, an ourself, is stripped of my secured blessings of liberty because no one can serve 2 masters. Both the born and unborn are American citizens. Both have the same secured blessings of liberty. Both were created from being forced into existence without our permission. Both have constitutional protections barring termination of our lives. Both have never broken any law warranting execution, murder. Both have not agreed to be murdered because the mother life enforcer changed her mind and wants the person she forced to exist, dead. Both have the right to secured blessings of liberty without any limitations. Both have the right to live without government interference or thirsting for our blood.
I am for every thing u are president Trump so for. keep it up Mr president keep lesson to the most High and u want louse because every thing GOD is for, the Demerits is totel not for it at all .the Demerits are for same sex marriage ( not GOD ) abortion (not GOD) pray in and out of season (not the Dem). Keep up the good work .And mass up please GOD bless u
I mean dont mass up ok
This also gives freedom to Muslims. People need to consider this.
YOU TUBE SAVE THE KIDS ABUTOM.
YOU TUBE ABORTION IS MURDER ABUTOM
If a pregnant lady wanting to have her baby was attacked . Causing her to have a mis-carriage. When the assailant was caught. That person person would be charged with murder. Which is a good thing. But a women not wanting her baby might be further alone in her pregnancy , than the first pregnant women. But then she decides to have an abortion. And it is legal. Not by choice = MURDER. Choice = abortion . Either it’s a life or it’s not. And I say that it is!!!!
Abortion stops a beating heart. There is no justification for taking a human life.
“Democrat norms.” Let’s see a glimpse of what they are: 60,000,000 babies murdered in cold blood; destroying the once most prosperous cities and states in the nation; suing little towns for displaying manger scenes at Christmas time; teaching the fairytale of evolution to our young children; and literally trashing every moral absolute that has sustained the human race through time! This class of immoral human beings will die marring everything they put her hands to. And the buffoons cheer her on. It’s like certain apostate Christians giving their applause to those they believe will face the flesh searing flames of hell, when the Bible fact remains that this world and everyone who held to its sins “will be ashes” after all is said and done (Eze.28; Mal.4). Pagan philosophy in all its forms will destroy this world. But GOD will restore what sin has done to mar His creation. And when “the saints” witness the end result, the greatest joys of life will begin.
Too bad Trump’s mom didn’t have an abortion before having him – our country would be so much better off with out him
But, but, Many ‘churches’ supporting/shuffling illegals ‘w/charity’.
Religious Freedom is a right that is in our Bill of Rights! Our previous administration has ignored this; for a Christian, that means being able to share our faith, and to do business according to our faith. No American Christian should ever lose their job or go to jail in this country, because of their faith!
Yeah, let’s stop it so things like this can keep happening.
A 12 year old girl was raped, forced to have the baby, and forced (by our wonderful court system) to share custody with her rapist.
She is forced every day of her life (at least until the child turns 18) to see her rapist and interact with him. What a wonderful Court system, NOT!
I am most surely opposed to abortion, but Trump is hardly the person who supports life. He was not against abortion before he was nominated. There are many difficult issues. We cannot lift him as a hero just because we may agree on one issue.
You should be glad YOUR mother didn’t have YOU aborted! Shame on YOU!