AMERICA FIRST AMONG THE STARS: President Trump’s National Space Strategy works within his broader national security policy by putting America’s interests first.
- The Trump administration’s National Space Strategy prioritizes American interests first and foremost, ensuring a strategy that will make America strong, competitive, and great.
- The new strategy emphasizes dynamic and cooperative interplay between the national security, commercial, and civil space sectors.
- The United States will partner with the commercial sector to ensure that American companies remain world leaders in space technology.
- The new strategy ensures that international agreements put the interests of American people, workers, and businesses first.
- The National Space Strategy prioritizes regulatory reforms that will unshackle American industry and ensure we remain the leading global provider of space services and technology.
SPACE PREEMINENCE THROUGH THE AMERICAN SPIRIT: President Trump’s National Space Strategy harnesses the American spirit and continues the American tradition of pioneering and exploration.
- The President’s National Space Strategy builds on America’s pioneering, spacefaring tradition, laying the groundwork for the next generation of American exploration in space.
- The National Space Strategy establishes forthrightly that securing the scientific, commercial, and national security benefits of space is a top priority for this Administration.
- The United States will continue to lead in the creation and maintenance of the crucial space systems that are essential to our prosperity, security, and way of life.
- The Strategy puts forward a reinvigorated approach to ensuring U.S. leadership and success in space.
PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH: President Trump’s space strategy builds on the National Security Strategy emphasizing peace through strength in the space domain.
- The National Space Strategy protects our vital interest in space – to ensure unfettered access to, and freedom to operate in space, in order to advance America’s security, economic prosperity, and scientific knowledge.
- Accordingly, the Administration’s new strategy calls for strengthening the safety, stability, and sustainability of our space activities.
- The strategy affirms that any harmful interference with or attack upon critical components of our space architecture that directly affects this vital interest will be met with a deliberate response at a time, place, manner, and domain of our choosing.
- President Trump’s National Space Strategy recognizes that our competitors and adversaries have turned space into a warfighting domain.
- While the United States would prefer that the space domain remain free of conflict, we will prepare to meet and overcome any challenges that arise.
- Under the President’s new strategy, the United States will seek to deter, counter, and defeat threats in the space domain that are hostile to the national interests of the United States and our allies.
FOUR PILLARS FOR A UNIFIED APPROACH: President Donald J. Trump’s new National Space Strategy drives a whole-of-government approach to United States leadership in space, in close partnership with the private sector and our allies, and is based on four essential pillars:
- Transform to more resilient space architectures: We will accelerate the transformation of our space architecture to enhance resiliency, defenses, and our ability to reconstitute impaired capabilities.
- Strengthen deterrence and warfighting options: We will strengthen U.S. and allied options to deter potential adversaries from extending conflict into space and, if deterrence fails, to counter threats used by adversaries for hostile purposes.
- Improve foundational capabilities, structures, and processes: We will ensure effective space operations through improved situational awareness, intelligence, and acquisition processes.
- Foster conducive domestic and international environments: We will streamline regulatory frameworks, policies, and processes to better leverage and support U.S. commercial industry, and we will pursue bilateral and multilateral engagements to enable human exploration, promote burden sharing and marshal cooperative threat responses.
A NEW DIRECTION FOR U.S. SPACE: President Trump has already taken significant steps to reorient American space policy and set it on the right path for the future.
- On June 30, 2017, the President revived the National Space Council for the first time in 24 years.
- On December 11, 2017, President Trump once again set America’s sights toward the stars by signing Space Policy Directive – 1, which instructed the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to return American astronauts to the moon for long-term exploration and utilization, followed by human missions to Mars and other destinations.
- In signing the directive, the President ordered action to work with commercial and international partners to enable human expansion across the solar system.
Bulls*** from the great bulls***ter
He is a real space cadet, spacy as all get out.
This president has done and will continue to do even MORE positive things for America and her citizens (note: LEGAL CITIZENS) than ANY previous president in the last 100+ years, yet the socialistic left fights him and demonizes him at every turn, so WHO, exactly, are patriotic Americans? NOT the left!
Is this a bridge too far? Old REBel
Is this a bridge too far? Old REBel
Nice to see a president who is once again encouraging the nation to do what is not easy but is worth doing. And if not now, then when. This has been on the nation’s bucket list for too long.
You bet S D of AZ
Yes, let’s see the MSM focus on important matters. So much is being accomplished. Some day the people will wake up to a whole new country when they realize that that media has been deluding them.
Spot On sd of az !!!!
What are we doing for the homeless here in America? We have so many vacated building and houses. I know you have been working non-stop.God Bless You Greatly. We Love our President and Vice-president.
Wayne, I’ve also voiced this. I can see no good reason for space exploration while we have homeless people living on the streets on Earth. That’s just ignoring a large group of people that should be helped. I keep saying they should stop tearing down all those school buildings and make them into apartments for those people. As a president of this country I would be embarrassed that there are homeless people existing in my country. I can see this happening in third world countries but it has no place here.
There are homeless ONLY when a Republican is president! Have you read any news stories about homelessness when obama was president?
So the obvious solution is, elect only Dems. Homelessness will disappear. How simple!
how many homeless are illegal immigrants?
Well, we could round them up and forcibly incarcerate them. Is that what you want? Because, short of that, there always has been and always will be “homeless” people. The problem goes far beyond just the lack of a house. Thinking that it can be solved by superficially treating symptoms and covering over the real problems helps no one.
And making it a prerequisite for space travel just makes sure that we never go anywhere. Thank God our forefathers didn’t wait for the end of all poverty before exploring the new world.
The State, Federal, and local governments already spend hundreds of billions of dollars on the homeless, the poor, illegal aliens, immigrants and the unemployed EVERY YEAR. In order to #MAGA we need to keep up with our competitors in space exploration. How about we stop giving welfare to illegal aliens and newly arrived immigrants? How about we stop importing hundreds of thousands of poor and uneducated immigrants every year? The savings on these polices would pay for our entire space program – EVERY YEAR! #MAGA
Keep in mind also Jane , many homeless people want it that way. They want NO responsibility.
So it is not and easy task.
How do you separate out the homeless who actually can’t help themselves from the homeless who just don’t want to have to work and support themselves?
when you offer a vacant building to the homeless ,that is not the end.
the building is going to have to have water and power.
You end up giving free housing to the homeless then you will need overseers and caseworkers.
There is no end to this slippery slope.
the most effective way to counter the hyper velocity nuclear missiles will be from high energy weapons stationed on space platforms.
I wouldn’t bother with space exploration until the country is back on it’s feet. Right now there just isn’t the money for that. Let’s take care of the planet where we’re living and it’s people there first. Then later on maybe space.
Thank God our forefathers didn’t wait for the end of all poverty before exploring the new world.
Ha, good comment Chris. I agree
We have to keep up with our rivals, the Chinese, Russians, and Europeans in space technology. We DO NOT want our enemies the Chinese to control space. Besides, a lot of new technology is created through research on spacecraft. MAGA.
We have plenty of money. We just need to stop sending it to countries that hate us. In case you weren’t aware Trump just raised taxes on the middle income by disallowing mortgage right offs on taxes. Next year there are going to be a lot of people not liking Trump. I voted for Trump and will again. No other president in US history has brought the economy back as fast and as strong as Trump has…no one. You need to re-read Chris Campbell’s message again.
I agree Jane. But do favor getting back into space programs to a large extent.
As someone who helped design the cancelled X-30 National Aerospace Plane, I can state that advancing space exploration rather than wasting billions of dollars and thousand of American lives trying to democratize the middle east will lift Americans to a new goal and new purpose. That goal is to colonize the planets in this solar system and then to the stars. When President Trump talks about Making America Great Again there is literally no better way to achieve this.
Please take care the pepole first here. What we will do in mart?
who want to live in mart when we have the more beautiful ,place her. If we have the money to spend but we have so many problem here. I vote for Trump but we need so much here in our planet.
I believe that we need stronger laws and to compel states to compel people living on the streets to get help and training mandatorily so they can and will become self supporting member of our society. If some are not same they should be medically treated and confined to protect the rest of our society, not just thrown back on the street to contin ue self and others destruction.
I think homeless will be cured and follow with the job concepts. This Pres. is so clever
with his plans to right this country from all the selfish Pres. Before that have led us
from a Christian country. That was founded on Christian principals and beliefs. Who
can deny this. It sure worked for years of patriotic wealth and Christian family living.
80% OR MORE OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND TECHNOLOGY, AND EVEN THE FOODS WE PRODUCE AND ARE PRIVLIGED TO EAT TODAY IN 2018 COME FROM THE AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAM SCIENCTIFIC AND ENGINEERING EFFORTS IN THE LAST CENTURY. THERE WERE NO GOVERNMENT, CORPORATE NOR UNIVERSITY COMPUTERS AND CERTAINLY NO INTERNET ALL OF WHICH CAME FROM OUR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS SO DON’T SAY WE SHOULD NOT BOTHER TO START IT UP AGAIN. WE ARE IN THE 21ST CENTURY AND HAVE 82 YEARS AHEAD OF US AND BY MY WAY OF THINKING NEED ALL THE SKILL, TALENT, INOVATION, AND HELP WE CAN MUSTER TO GET TO THE 22ND CENTURY.
We must regain prominence in space!
Excellent, but do not put nuclear fueled satellites into space as a crashed nuclear-powered satellite that crashes to earth could kill millions. MAGA
Lets just keep giving and giving more to the unemployed and homeless. Why should they get a job and support themselves?
Hoorah!n for our president who is not afraid of going to the moon or mars to make America first.. God bless our President .
The active use of the many fields of science involved in space exploration has produced numerous benefits for mankind, including those that benefit the homeless population. Our search for knowledge should not be limited to the surface of our planet but should include efforts to understand and explore the depths of our seas and the, not so void, we call outer space.
It is an insult to history to picture President Kennedy, a war hero and great leader in the same frame with trailer park trash who by Russian collusion lives in The White House.
Ray, renounce citizenship and head for Europe. And you can not RETURN
If you’ve followed Kennedy’s exploits you must be aware that he was trailer park trash.
Donald Trump has never been inside a trailer.
Except that time he had to come and personally evict you for non payment.
The only thing space exploration is suitable for is the military. It is way to expensive to do just for fun and anything else is not cost effective.
STAY STRONG PRESIDENT TRUMP.
WE STAND WITH YOU, AND WE KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE AMERICA. AND WANT THE BEST FOR OUR COUNTRY. YOUR DOING AN AWESOME JOB.
WE LOVE YOU AND ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
Ray is a silly-hilly. visit reality. Kennedy loved fooling around and nearly got us into war with Russia; It’s Hillary you’re thinking of who wooed Russia! President Trump loves work and America! Trump has made America great again!