The American People Win as President Donald J. Trump’s Priorities are Funded
A WIN FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: President Donald J. Trump has succeeded in securing funding for priorities that protect and support all Americans.
- Americans elected President Trump because they believed in his vision for increased economic and national security, and he continues to deliver on his promises.
- The omnibus funding bill is a victory for the American people and supports President Trump’s priorities.
- The military will be rebuilt with over $665 billion in total discretionary funding for the Department of Defense.
- The border will be protected with $1.57 billion for border wall construction over six months.
- Opioid addiction and abuse will be addressed with nearly $4 billion, including $3 billion in new funding to advance President Trump’s plan.
- America’s schools will be secured with stronger legislation and additional resources.
- Infrastructure spending is increased and delivered through programs that allow for robust competition.
A WIN FOR THE AMERICAN MILITARY AND OUR VETERANS: President Trump has made rebuilding our military and national security one of his primary priorities and the omnibus provides the necessary funding.
- Funding for the Department of Defense is increased to $665 billion, up by almost $60 billion over last year’s level. The omnibus funding bill:
- Fully funds a 2.4 percent pay raise for our troops, the largest raise since 2010.
- Provides $66 billion for Overseas Contingency Operations to fight ISIS and other terrorist threats.
- Includes $144 billion for the tools and equipment our soldiers need, from new aircraft and ships, to missile defense, which is a more than $20 billion increase from last year.
- The agreement includes $81.5 billion for the Department of Veterans Affairs, including an additional $2 billion for infrastructure programs to repair and enhance VA medical facilities and State Veterans Homes.
A WIN FOR BORDER SECURITY: President Trump promised to secure the border and prevent illegal immigration, the omnibus funding bill helps achieve that.
- $1.57 billion is provided to fund many miles of border walls and fencing in key areas, including new construction and repairs.
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) funding is increased by 10 percent, or $703 million.
- The Department of Justice’s Executive Office for Immigration Review is provided $505 million, including funds to hire and deploy new Immigration Judge teams.
A WIN FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT: President Trump has worked with Congress to secure our communities and protect our children.
- Funding for Federal law enforcement agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will receive an increase in funding to combat violent crime and drug abuse.
- School safety is prioritized in the omnibus, which provides:
- $1.2 billion for education programs to improve school safety.
- Two legislative priorities strongly supported by President Trump: the STOP School Violence Act and the Fix NICS Act.
- Funds mental health programs authorized in the 21st Century Cures Act.
- America’s opioid epidemic is the crisis next door, and the omnibus bill provides nearly $4 billion to combat this menace, including increased funding for law enforcement.
- Billions are allocated to agencies for opioid addiction prevention and treatment, as well as law enforcement to reduce the supply of illicit opioids poisoning our communities.
- Grants are allocated to states and localities to help offset the costs of opioid abuse.
- Funding is provided for research into opioid addiction and alternative treatments.
- Department of Justice grant programs receive $330 million to support drug courts, treatment, and prescription drug monitoring.
- Funding is provided to specifically combat human and drug trafficking.
A WIN FOR AMERICAN INFRASTRUCTURE: The omnibus provides robust funding to rebuild our Nation’s infrastructure.
- The bill provides robust funding for infrastructure.
- This includes $635 million in rural broadband and $2 billion to address VA’s maintenance backlog.
- The bill also includes substantial funding increases for traditional core infrastructure, such as highways, airports, railways, and waterways.
- A significant share of this funding increase is directed to competitive, merit-based infrastructure grant programs with no special advantage to certain projects.
A WIN FOR WORKERS AND FAMILIES: The omnibus increases worker protections, expands access to effective job training programs, and provides additional support for working families.
- The bill prevents employers from confiscating employees’ tips, while eliminating barriers to establishing tip pools, so cooks and support staff can share the tips their hard work has helped generate.
- Funding for apprenticeships is increased by more than 50 percent.
- $120 million is provided for Reemployment Service and Eligibility Assessments, effective interventions that help unemployed workers find jobs faster.
- The bill increases funding for Historically Black Colleges and University Title III Program.
- Funding for the Child Care and Development Block Grant is increased by over $2 billion so more parents can obtain high-quality care for their children.
A WIN FOR CONSERVATIVES: The omnibus budget fulfills key conservative principles held by President Trump and the American people.
- All existing pro-life provisions, including the Hyde and Helms Amendments that prohibit the use of taxpayer dollars for abortion, are continued.
- Increases for national defense outpace those for non-defense spending, ending the fiscally irresponsible demand for parity between the two categories.
- Freezes pay for Members of Congress and applies unspent funds to reducing the deficit.
- Increases oversight of Federal contracts and travel spending.
Shared from Whitehouse.gov
“The omnibus funding bill is a victory for the American people and supports President Trump’s priorities.”
To begin with…SCHMUCKY Schumer is pleased as punch- which means a lot of our tax dollars are going into his and his family’s pockets! That alone is a HUGE red, commie flag and a vial of poison to be consumed by all who get sucked into his eeeeeeevil vortex!
Secondly…spending is increased which logically increases the country’s debt. This AGAIN proves what REETARDS… bitchy-mitchy and big-eared, lyin Ryan are.
And last but not least…IT’S UNCONSTITUTIONAL because CONgress can’t balance a checkbook and they love further enslaving taxpayers!
But hey…other than that, all is great at Disneyland.
So, kudos to the wishful thinking…
Fantastic news President Trump! We’re on our way to Making America Great Again! Thank You for your Service also Sir! We are ALL very proud of you and your steadfast ways.
If Congress and the senate worked with him on both sides of the isle wow what he could do
There is a reason they won’t. In there pockets
Go Mr president
What are you living in a parallel universe? This bill is horrible and Republicans will pay at the polls. This is a horrible betrayal of everything conservatives are fighting for. Wake the hell up before we are another notch in the liberal gun belt.
Why can’t our government spend what they can pay off, not in 50 yrs but in five yrs at the most? just think we are more than 21 Trillion in debt, which we will never pay off. Our children are in debt even the ones that aren’t born yet. when will we get this money under control? When will Gov. stop the spending, it’s like it’s not their money it’s the peoples. I can barely make it on what I have as a retirement yet illegals get everything basically free. but again we the American people get stuck with their bill!! What has happened to America I once knew?
i don’t like this bill either.
one because CONGRESS keeps spending MONEY WE DON’T HAVE.
and THEY ARE THE CRIMINALS who rob WE THE PEOPLE through UNCONSTITUTIONAL LEGISLATIONS AND LAWS.
MOST of them can’t even BALANCE THEIR OWN CHECKBOOK.
YES! It doesn’t matter a whit that Trump got this, that, and the other. CONGRESS is full of filthy crooks who need to be prosecuted for their unconstitutional actions. IF Trump really thinks his voters approve of this DISGUSTING bill, he has been sucked into the vortex of appeasement.
I don’t think now of these IDIOTS can balance a check book 60 to 70% can’t even get a credit card.
It sounds like we are finally making good progress toward a safer and more financially secure future for the American people.
We who been supportive of you Mr. President are extremely concerned with this Omnibus bill, as it is you need to Veto it!! It’s overburdening of national debt, I for one do want all this debt on my family!!! The other item is our concern that it contains far to much of the influence from the Left, liberals are far to pleased with it! 0We understand the needs but this bill is beyond what our purse can ever repay. veto this bill unless it’s fully reworked!!! We’re pleading with you, lower the debt & drain that swamp!!!!!
Don’t worry about the national debt WW3 will take care of everything. It’s just around the corner.
Has ANYONE, including The President read this bill?
I think the answer is NO.
So we’ll see what information trickles out of this over the next few weeks and months.
I think we are going way overboard with the VA.How about we cut the fraud and waste? I think there would be no need for increased funding if we did.
I am very concerned with infrastructure. The tunnel is a huge cost and I have no idea how it benefits the vast majority of citizens.
It may not be in this bill, I don’t know, I hope not.
Increased money for Historically Black Colleges???!!!!
How does that possibly help the vast majority of citizens? Maybe it appeased the Black Caucus, but, what a joke they are.
“The omnibus $1.3 trillion funding bill is NOT A VICTORY for the American people & DOES NOT support Trump’s priorities.” 100,000 increase of H2B Visas, NO WALL. Actually armed the Endowment of the Arts, disarmed the 2nd Amendment & gives $500M to Planned Parenthood-MUST VETO IT!! Also it funds sacturary cities. Zero Funding for Border Wall! WHERE HAVE ALL THE FISCAL CONSERVATIVES GONE? – #GOP will voted for this bill and set it up should change their party to DemocRATS!!! THIS IS ALL FUL I HOPE PRESIDENT TRUMP VETO IT PLEASE – I can care less if the Government shuts down it may be a good Thing for America!!!!
Gee, if this prohibits the used of taxpayer dollars for abortion, then why is there money in this bill being allocated to Planned Parenthood? Surely you do not think you can separate the two. And where is the 24 billion for the Border Wall. Wonder why this budget is being kept under wraps? Trump did not get everything he wanted at all. And I thought there were going to be cuts to all the unnecessary programs (such as Planned Parenthood) and the EPA junk that was supposedly scrapped. Where are all the cuts?
I suggest you send all the illegals taxpayers are supporting back to where ever they came from and use the billions we are spending on them to pay for this bill !!!!!
Obamacare is funded. The funding for “the Wall” is a pittance. Gun restrictions including”Fix NICs passed but no national reciprocity for concealed carry rights. Why weren’t the 15000 gestapo goons hired by the IRS specifically to enforce the Obamacare mandate eliminated from the budget to open positions and salaries for the CIS (or just to save money)? Why was Planned Parenthood funded? Why was the VA funding increase NOT included? Why is TSA getting more money for bad performance? The RINOs in congress simply have no will to fulfill their promises. This will result in their losing many races this fall to the Democommies who will then move to reinstate their agenda and higher taxes while going after the Presidents impeachment full bore (which will preclude him exerting full attention to pursuing his agenda even if they fail to obtain the necessary votes to impeach and convict). We need an open season on Democommies and RINOs lest the Amerikan government resume its war on the American citizens.
Evidently, winning a Congressional seat is like winning the lotto or a license to steal.
All they do is fight over the money while our government goes broke.
Where is the line item veto?
Where is fiscal responsibility?
Where are the actual Public Servants?
Where are the term limits?
Term limits are unconstitutional. We the people are supposed to vote out the corrupt members of the House and the State is supposed to appoint their Senators. We can’t pick and choose the parts of the Constitutional we want to follow. Nevertheless, your comment is quite right and your questions are pertinent.
$1.57 billion is provided to fund many miles of border walls and fencing in key areas, including new construction and repairs….Really??? you are not serious. Repairs??? Fence?? ?
WHERE IS THE NEW WALL???? Veto the Bill.
America didn’t win today, 1.3 trillion for 6 months, are you kidding me?
Funding sanctuary cities, planned parenthood, and shummers tunnel, with a small dent towards the wall.
This is not why sent republicans to represent us, it’s not why we elected Trump!
When did we start governing by 4 people behind closed doors? Not the right way and it must stop! Ryan and McConnell need to be removed as the leaders. Im am disqusted! All representives need to be a part af the process, or why have them their? DRAIN THE DAM SWAMP ALREADY! I bet they still receive money to see if quails on crack have more sex, what happened to the debt being a major security issue? Fix this
WHO are you trying to kid???? This bill is a pile of CRAP it also funds the sanctuary cities, planned (death) parenthood and other wasteful spending. VETO it NOW!!!!!
The “new and accepted ” budget is now a GodD*** disgrace. Period.
If only President Trump could read this and all comments maybe he would not sign this bill.
We are very upset with this bill it is not for we the people. Mr President please do not sign this bill. Make these people understand we abide by our Constitution.
VETO,! This bill. We can’t afford it. Pretend you have the line item veto use it and send it back to congress. We can sfford to shut down the Gov for awhile. That may be the best move.
I SURE DON’T SEE ANY BENEFITS COMING TO THE SENIORS. THEY JUST LEFT US OUT BUT PUT IN A LOT OF OTHER THINGS.
LET’S GET THE TRUTH & THE WHOLE TRUTH. THAT’S WHAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT.
This is Not winning! Unless you are a democrat or a rino. .
Signed, sealed, and delivered!
But wait…Trump THREATENED to veto the bill…and as we all know—WORDS ARE CHEAP! Because hey…Trump likes the DEMONCRAPS’ Disneyland…
But you did not get the border wall FUNDED. Without the border wall many more immigrants will flood this country destroying our American way of life increasing the rolls of costly entitlement programs. If the Dem win the House this Mid term there will be NO!! wall funding ever again. You told us you would fund the wall and take the heat. you had the opportunity to not sign this bill but President Trump you folded like a cheap sheet on your promises. I fervently supported your campaign proudly with a Trump sign in my yard and donations to your campaign as my ability permitted. Two of the 3 reasons I support you was, drain the swamp and the wall. I now fear you are becoming a part of the swamp and do not care why folks like me supported you. I am losing hope and my zeal is waning. You have truly let me down.
As a loyal supporter I am dismayed that you signed the abomination a/k/a the “omnibus’ SPENDING BILL! Signing this monstrosity was nothing lees then complete surrender to Schumer, Pelosi and all the democrats in congress! Yes, you got an increase in defense spending, but nothing else! Funding for the so-called wall of $1.6 billion is a joke! This money is to be used for repair and construction of “fencing” which is NOT the WALL you promised the American people! Sanctuary cities and planned parenthood continue to receive funding without any provision to cut off their funding by the White House or DOJ! This is NOT why I and other conservatives voted for you. This is a betrayal and you had better start thinking seriously of doing something to get rid of Ryan and McConnell, or your Presidency is doomed. You should also include AG Sessions with these RINOs! Why the hell haven’t you gotten rid of Sessions? He’s a disaster in waiting! This betrayal to democrat liberals has made it very difficult for me to support you for reelection and to support republicans in November, 2018.
I have supported Trump in spite of his adolescent tweeting, his buffoonery, his womanizing and his coarseness, but signing the omnibus bill is the last straw for me. I voted for a man who claimed to have the “nads” to drain the swamp, build a wall, reform immigration, and instill fiscal responsibility in Washington. WHERE THE HELL HAS HE GONE?